The minimum tariff for tourist visiting in a group of 3 persons or more are as follows:
High Season Tariff:
USD $250 per person per night for the months of March, April, May, September, October, and November.
Low Season Tariff:
USD $200 per person per night for the months of January, February, June, July, August, and December.
The minimum price includes:
- A minimum of 3 star accommodation (4 & 5 star may require an additional premium).
- All internal taxes and charges (including the royalty)
- All Meals
- All travel with a licensed Bhutanese Tour Guide
Individual tourists and smaller groups of less than three persons shall be subject to surcharge, over and above the minimum daily rates applicable, as follows:
- Single individual US $40 per night
- Group of 2 persons US $30 per person per night
The 10% agency commission payable to agents abroad shall not be deductible from the surcharge. The surcharge will not be applicable to representatives of foreign travel agents on business study or promotional visit duly approved and cleared by TCB.
- With effect from 01/07/2009, the government has revoked the 25% discount on Diplomatic visas.
There shall be no charge for CHILDREN up to the age of 5 years. However, those between the ages of 6-12 years accompanied by elders/ guardians shall be given 50% discount on daily rates and 100% discount on Royalty.
Full time STUDENTS below the age of 25 years holding valid identity cards from their academic institutions shall also be given a 25% discount on daily rates
A discount of 50% on daily rates shall be given to one person in a group of 11 to 15 people. 100% discount shall be given to one member in a group exceeding 16 persons.
50% discount on Royalty shall be provided after the 8th night and 100% discount on Royalty shall be provided after the 14th night.
Tour Programmes booked and subsequently cancelled shall be subject to cancellation charges as follows:
- No charge for cancellation if:
- Tour is cancelled 30 days or more prior to arrival date during regular season (Jan, Feb, Jun, Jul, Aug, Dec)
- Tour is cancelled 45 days or more prior to arrival date during peak season (Mar, Apr, May, Sept, Oct, Nov) prior to arrival date
- 50% of tour cost charged if:
- Tour is cancelled less than 30 days & before 7 days to arrival date during regular season (Jan, Feb, Jun, Jul, Aug, Dec)
- Tour is cancelled less than 45 days & before 7 days to arrival date during peak season (Mar, Apr, May, Sept, Oct, Nov)
- 100% of tour cost is charged if tour is cancelled 7 days or less prior to arrival date regardless of the season
- No refund for No Shows or Early Departures